Saturday, August 17, 2019

Getting cleaned up


It's about time that I cleaned up the damage from the storm in May. The deck and several poles from this mess had washed to the dam and it was interfering with the overflow pipe soon after the storm.


I dragged it away from from the pipe and up onto the dam but I left it and it needed to be taken care of. It really was past time to clean it up (the neighbors were starting to talk.)


I mowed around it for the last time. Now after a couple of days of work, I finished up some of the needed cleanup Saturday. It looks a lot better:


I still have work to do with some debris on the west side of the pond and this water hazard:


With my regular paying job interfering with the farm work, I don't think I can get this cleaned up in time for the Stranded Tree Farm Labor Day Regatta. It might be useful as a marker to make the turn before heading to the landing.

The poles with be used in another project that I've been mulling and the deck has been dissembled. The deck boards will be used to reinforce the little bridges that I have over the pond inlets and to complete the fence around the berries. The 2x8's was used on the target backstop as it was needing to be built back up. My tightwad tendencies require me to recycle as much as I can.

Getting things cleaned up or mowed makes people think somebody cares about the place:


No comments:

Post a Comment