Thursday, August 8, 2019

Legacy tree for Jason

As I mentioned in a comment earlier, I had a tree planted for Jason. His nomination passed the selection committee along party lines.

A frequent contributor in the comment section, I've known Jason for almost 10 years since working together in Cedar Rapids. With his positive outlook on the world, I miss his sense of humor and the most infectious laugh of anyone I've met. Yes, I can still imagine it and I think I owe him a couple of bags of jelly beans to refill his TARDIS.

I picked a pin oak for him:


Pin oaks generally grow straight which remind me of Jason's character, he played the straight man to my lead. He easily laughed at my lame jokes which may be the reason I enjoy his laugh so well. It's not a particularly funny tree but I do see a possible park bench in some "On the Road..." remake in the future.

Thanks, Jason.

4 comments:

  1. Of all the nice things people have done for me, this is easily one of my favorites. Thank you, Joel. I didn't even have to pay money to the committee for this! Is it raining in here? I thought these "scattered sprinkles" weren't due for another hour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jason, you're the last of the CR crew that keeps in touch and you stuck around this blog during the lean years.

      More importantly, you are one of the good guys.

      No bag of cash, although a bag of black jelly beans did arrive during the crucial vote count (so I heard.)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete