Friday, October 9, 2015

Cabin fever, get that roof up

Last weekend was not as productive as I had hoped but we got the rafters and purlins up.

The roof peak:


Rafters:


Purlins:

 
Once we get the sheet metal on the roof, I think you will see what I'm trying to do. It's hard to visualize the final product when you only see the skeleton.

Of course, I mis-measured the south roof line the width of a 2x4. A couple of other things I didn't take into account caused me to have to add some additional blocking for the purlins. I didn't want close up shots of my mistakes but take my word for it. None of these were major mistakes that we would have to tear things apart but it took time that I wanted for more productivity.

On the docket for this weekend is to get insulation and metal on the roof, then get caught up on the mowing. I plan for the windows and the sheet metal walls next weekend with plenty of metal flashing. And more bracing. I would be very disappointed if the roof collapsed because of snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment