Thursday, September 19, 2019

Webs, spiders and thoughts

Keeping with a spider theme, I pulled this from the library. It interested me as I walked by one morning, so with camera in hand, I snapped a quick picture of an interesting spider web with the morning dew beading along the threads.


I didn't notice the spider in the middle of the web until I got a closer look:


It's a reminder to look at things closer once in a while because you just might miss something along the way. If I had taken a bit more time, I would have had the chance for a better pic of the spider.

I go through life that way sometimes. I can really be obtuse and mess things up and the lack of detail can have unfortunate consequences.

As I've been trying to combine my words with pictures from the farm, this quote came to my attention this week: Don’t forget - NO one else sees the world the way you do, so no one else can tell the stories that you have to tell.” - Charles de Lint.

I have a few stories to share but this might not be the right venue. With some of the positive feedback I've received, I'm searching for the right place where the pictures and words can come to life. Maybe make a nickel or two and I can quit my day job? We shall see.

I encourage all of us to tell our stories. As de Lint says, no one else can share the magic that is inside and bring those words to the world. Set the words free. Set your worlds free.

I'll add this from Charles Dickens, words that I need to take to heart: “The most important thing in life is to stop saying 'I wish' and start saying 'I will.' Consider nothing impossible, then treat possibilities as probabilities.” 

I doubt that the spider had wishes but made its web with an instinct similar to "I will." As the web strained against the weight of the dew, I'm betting that spider got a meal in the end and all its work was worth the difficulties of that day.

Some good advice from a couple of guys named Charles.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes they are, Jason.
      I've been chastising myself lately for many things, among those has been getting off my ass and accomplish some of the things I want to get done.
      Stay tuned as I may crash and burn (which would be entertaining for some) or maybe, just maybe, catch a glimpse of glory.
      Thanks once again for your kind words.

      Delete