Friday, September 20, 2019

All wet




I'm looking forward to a weekend getting some work done at the farm except a forecast of a wet weekend means it's a little harder to get much outside work done at the acreage. We have to see if parting clouds will allow a chance to finish a few lingering projects or repairs.

I'm used to storm clouds rolling in and the trail cameras feature a few good examples. I've been lucky enough to avoid some of the major storms that hit locally and stupid enough to drive through a few of them.

I could end up being all wet, like in the bottom picture. You never know what nature will bring.

Here's hoping all my readers have a good, and dry, weekend, otherwise here is Weathers by Thomas Hardy:
Weathers

This is the weather the cuckoo likes,
And so do I;
When showers betumble the chestnut spikes,
And nestlings fly;
And the little brown nightingale bills his best,
And they sit outside at 'The Traveller's Rest,'
And maids come forth sprig-muslin drest,
And citizens dream of the south and west,
And so do I.

This is the weather the shepherd shuns,
And so do I;
When beeches drip in browns and duns,
And thresh and ply;
And hill-hid tides throb, throe on throe,
And meadow rivulets overflow,
And drops on gate bars hang in a row,
And rooks in families homeward go,
And so do I.

https://www.poemhunter.com/poem/weathers/

No comments:

Post a Comment