Thursday, July 16, 2015

We've entered the 20th Century

I wrote that correctly, the 20th Century.

Electricity has come to the Stranded Tree Farm!


(Yes, it's a solar charger but we aren't ready for the electric line from the local REC just yet.)

We put up 4 wires to discourage deer, rabbits and raccoons from getting to our sweet corn and berry operation. I was a bit late getting the fence up and deer had begun to nip the tops off of the corn and some of the blackberry vines. I don't think our yields will be high for the sweetcorn that was planted late but the beans look very good so far and I'm encouraged by the number of blooms. I look for our first green beans this coming weekend and they will taste good picked right from the plant.

There are plenty of other food sources for the wildlife besides what we are trying to grow for ourselves. And they are welcome to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment