Sunday, February 2, 2014

This winter's work on the pond

This is what I've been working on this winter:




With low water and 10-12 inches of ice in the middle the pond, I've had a chance to get some repairs on the deck in the middle of the pond and on the deck leading out. I added a ladder for when we putter around in the paddle boat, we can climb up and fish in the shade.

A little more work and I might be satisfied. We've had good weather (low winds) on several weekends and I've had some productive work. I can stand temperatures in the low teens if there are light winds, but even mid 40's can bring on a chill if the winds are in the 20-30 mph range.

I wired some old tires together to give the bass something to float beside.

 

So long as I fulfill my promise to myself to have one day a month for recreation, these days of work during the winter will be worth it. I need to add another cedar from the ditch for more habitat and a few more braces before I can be satisfied though.

No comments:

Post a Comment