Monday, March 1, 2021

Coming Soon - The Project

A new beginning for us here at the farm as we decided to go in a new direction. As many know, I have always been employed off the farm to pay the bills. We bought the land about ten years ago and it doesn't provide enough income to allow us to be a full-time farm operation.

Things have changed.

I've worked for others since I was fourteen when my dad "volunteered" my labor to neighboring farmers. For the past four decades (with only very brief periods) I've earned my wages working for others.

I voluntarily left my salaried job on Friday in an effort to complete what has been a lingering vision/dream/passion that has been sitting there dormant for far too long. More details will roll out as we successfully complete our next steps or we crash and burn - who knows?

I call it by it's sexy title - The Project

Will we be successful? The stubborn part of me is driving the bus right now, so I better say yes.

We will clear more ground for our farmer's markets this summer as well as a couple of side projects that are in the works. My wife is employed, so we won't be living on the streets (for the time being).

This may be insane or one of the stupidest things I've done but life is a crap-shoot and "When you come to a fork in the road, take it." - Attributed to Yogi Berra

I plan to take this fork while I still can. 

Since I don't have a fork, here's a "T"

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you! If anybody can pull this off, I think it's you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jason. Hopefully I can live up to the confidence you have in me.

    ReplyDelete