Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Wednesday wildlife, fawn visitor

Cutting weeds seems like a never-ending task here at the farm. Mowing, tilling, battling with a weed cutter and hand pulling as necessary, our war on weeds is a back and forth struggle against nature's invasive roots.

On a hot day last week, a rest under the cottonwood trees outside the cabin was in order. While re-hydrating and checking emails on the phone, I looked up to this staring at me:


I'm not sure which direction he came from but he sure was quiet (or more likely, I wasn't paying much attention.)



We kept each other company for quite a while until I decided to get back to the weeds. As I got up to leave, he bounded to the south and hung out there until the mother came by. With the temp hovering in the mid 90's, I worked for another hour before calling it a day.

Some weeds survived that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment