Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Wednesday Wildlife, full moon and the demon deer


This doe's attention was towards the camera which gave us this "deer in the headlights" look with the bright full moon over her shoulder.

Deer numbers are up there, but I have no baseline to compare to if this year is higher than previous years.

I ordered a couple more cameras in hopes of getting another picture of our "big kitty." I may have to replace the one by our shed since I opened it up this weekend and found it full of ants and I couldn't pull the pictures off of the SD card. I cleaned it out and it snapped off a couple pics so I'm hopeful it will recover.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you can get another photo of Snaggle, but those cats roam a big area. It probably feels pretty safe on your farm, so I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hopeful we'll catch a better picture in the future. I'm not too worried during daylight hours but when dusk comes around, it's time to pack up. (I can't work in the dark anyway) I find myself looking up in the trees - not just to look at the birds. We had tracks around the pond last fall so we may see this one again.

    The deer are acting up already. I've got several of the walnuts destroyed and bark off the smaller cottonwoods along with a couple of cages mashed to the ground. This time of year through January, I try to keep my eyes open for the aggressive bucks.

    Thanks for the good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete