Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Wednesday wildlife, coyotes are back

The trail cameras hadn't picked up any signs of these predators since December when I first put the cameras up. I placed one in the SE corner of the property during the winter and dropped it while moving it which cracked a plastic piece holding the batteries in place. I set it aside until last week, I fiddled with it and was able to patch it together.

I placed it under a mulberry tree facing west towards the berries and captured this picture:


I'm hoping this coyote would spend its time going after the rabbits and leave the farm cats and the neighbor's chickens and pets alone. I'm not encouraged that it will.

The acreage comes alive at night and it looks like I need to deploy a few more cameras to capture more of the action.

(Ed. I had this tapped for Wednesday but didn't publish it until I realized it late. Sorry)

No comments:

Post a Comment