Friday, August 14, 2020

Straightline winds

I mentioned that this was some of the best popcorn I raised. Well, now that half is laying over:


On Monday, a storm came through eastern Iowa and caused the damage. Corn laying over, tree damage, roofs missing and power blackouts. We missed the worst but many in the area are still without power for going on day 4.

We lost a few trees. Black cherry and walnut mostly but I won't have a full account until the weekend.

I wasn't expecting this kind of work right now but circumstances sometimes dictate my workdays.

5 comments:

  1. I thought about you right away on Monday. What a storm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or you, my friend. CR has far worse damage and I hope you and your family are safe and with power.
      Keep the faith, brother!

      Delete
  2. A friend on Instagram shared a video of the devastation, and I immediately wondered about your situation. I hope the corn can be saved. And for those who lost even more, I really hope the government starts doing what they are supposed to and send some help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your thoughts for us. We really don't wait for the government, there is too much work to do. There were some of us with chainsaws within a hour after the storm cleared out. Because of circumstances that I'm in, I still have tree damage at the farm to clean up.
      We still have some worse off and as neighbors, we help out.

      Delete
    2. The area around the person I mentioned is still having issues with their water supply and electricity. I don't know the details. But I don't think they can take of those problems themselves.

      Delete