Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Self-imposed Hiatus...

I've done a lot of standing around apparently:

(I was looking over a problem near one of the trail cameras)

So far this spring, we've cleaned off for another row of blackberries, planted bur oak acorns and was interrupted on the cabin build. I added a couple of apricots and apple trees to our orchard this spring.

Last weekend I was able to mow and picked up a "new" tiller from my brother-in-law:


I was a bit nervous if the tractor had enough HP to do the job, but she handled it well. On this past Saturday I unloaded it and made a couple of passes and I had a small section tilled up for a late sweetcorn planting before the rains on Sunday. This will definitely do the job I'm going to ask of it.


This tiller will be busy this summer.

2 comments:

  1. You are going to love the tiller. It beats dragging an old disc back and forth for food plots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or a potato fork.
      One of the goals is to fight the wild parsnip and thistle and reseed.

      Delete