Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Wednesday Wildlife, 6/25/14

It's been a while since I posted a wildlife photo, and I decided a Rose-breasted grosbeak sounded like a good candidate. I don't remember seeing these in my youth but we've been finding dozens of these around the acreage.

Here's a male that perched on the fence protecting the aronias:





We noticed the behavior of "sharpening" its beak on a mulberry branch in between sharp "chip" noises. An omnivore, I'm hoping they will feast on some of the grasshoppers that have recently invaded the juneberries.


Not the best photo as my small camera was extending a bit much on its range as he kept his distance from the crazy bald guy with a tiny camera. A storm approaching on Sunday probably increased his anxiety beyond seeing my ugly mug that afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment